He is Risen!


Low in the grave He lay, Jesus my Savior, 
waiting the coming day, Jesus my Lord!

Vainly they watch His bed, Jesus my Savior, 
vainly they seal the dead, Jesus my Lord!

Death cannot keep its prey, Jesus my Savior; 
He tore the bars away, Jesus my Lord! 

Up from the grave He arose; 
with a mighty triumph o'er His foes; 
He arose a victor from the dark domain, 
and He lives forever, with His saints to reign. 
He arose! He arose! Hallelujah! Christ arose!

By Robert Lowry

Stirring, epic, and gloriously true, this hymn is one of my very favorites and so I  had to share it on this most joyous of days!

Comments

  1. I love this hymn! A happy Resurrection Sunday to you Eowyn!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hallelujah! Happy Easter, Eowyn! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Easter! Hope you had a lovely day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christ lives! Oh, what a delightful hymn, Eowyn...I have never heard it before so thank you for sharing!
    Hugs to you, dear!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like this hymn a lot too! Happy Easter, Eowyn! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Easter Monday! Thanks for sharing that hymn, it's very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for commenting, ladies! I'm glad to hear how you each love this hymn, too! Your comments made my day so bright and I hope you had a lovely and blessed Easter as well! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts