Things of Beauty: November - December

November and December, were you ever a crazy ride...


Very Favorite Things

Four calves born within four weeks (two of which were within 24 hrs. of each other!!!!), drinking hot tea out of Christmas mugs (sturdy and white, with red painted cabins and evergreens; I seriously feel like a Hallmark movie heroine), my Grandpa + Grandma visiting with two of my cousins to attend our church Christmas concert (the more I spend time with my relations the more I love them), parcels from beloved friends, and another bout of Arwen and my favorite farm job (feeding some 170  free-ranging pigs in one barnyard, it ain't no joke, BUT IS IT EVER FUN!)


Writing

Does thinking Deep Things about my stories count??? :)

Reading

Two of Elisabeth Grace Foley's, and some others, but those, (as her stories usually are :)), were the definite highlights.


In the Kitchen

Surprise Filled Cookies, many times over; because what is Christmas without cookie making, and these are the most delectable things.

Out-Of-Doors

Snow before Christmas? I'm digging it - but not literally, because there wasn't that much.


Discoveries


Fitness Blender's Cardio Kicboxing with Ab Exercises
I have found that the therapeutic effect of throwing punches cannot be overrated.

Life Comes at You Fast...
and maybe you won't have time to work through all the emotions pounding in your heart, but you simply have to dig in and work + laugh at yourself.

And that my friends is the finish to my 2017 Things of Beauty Posts!!!! Perhaps I'll write them for 2018, perhaps I won't, but I'm glad I wrote them in 2017 all the same, and I hope each of you, my wonderful readers, relished them, too. :) 


2018... Here. We. COME!!!!


(2018; you know I like the sound of it already.)

How's it been with you folks lately?

Comments

Popular Posts