Things of Beauty: May - June


Hot sunshine in the blueberry patch to test taking (I really enjoyed it!), May and June were packed chock full of loveliness...


Very Favorite Things
A close friend's wedding (fireworks, strings of lights, and s'mores; it was one well planned party), a week long getaway to visit cousins (+ uncle and aunt :)) and grandparents (one of the best types of weeks), the lingering scent of toasted marshmallows from the previous night's bonfire while washing dishes in the morning, kayaking on the river with my brother (rapids + a very tight turn equaled having the most dramatic spill of my life), hauling hay with my father + sister on the back of my brother's flatbed Ford (just living the life folks).


Reading 
SO MUCH GOODNESS! From The Scent of Water by Elizabeth Goudge (I can't think of  a more perfectly titled story), to Wanderlust Creek by Elisabeth Grace Foley (I seriously have an entire post in the works expounding on my love for that girl's stories!) to finishing my re-reading of the LOTR with The Return of the King; May and June were two months of favorites, both old and new.


Writing
Let's just say I'm becoming an expert at writing random snippets for multiple stories at once.


Out-Of-Doors
Tall, wind brushed prairie grasses under blue, blue skies.


In the Kitchen
Soaked Waffles - Caramelized exteriors with perfectly risen interiors, and topped with berries and real maple syrup and cinnamon; these things are a day dream for the taste buds.


Discoveries

The title says everything; it is seriously the dream show.

The Self-Publishing School Podcast
Filled with vast knowledge and inspiring information, this podcast is an absolute must for the ambitious writer.

Finally...
That life (nearly) always looks better from the seat of a pick-up truck, the bigger the better.

And I'll just leave you with that truth, folks!


Comments

  1. Are those flowers sweet peas? They're beautiful.

    I need to read Elizabeth Goudge; I keep hearing about her books, and I've put some on my list, but I've yet to try them.

    May I pleeeaaassse have the recipe for those waffles? They sound and look marvelous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I just found your blog, and I think I'll stalk it... :)

    I love the title The Scent of Water, I'll have to read that, because it sounds so eloquent. Also, I agree with Livia ^ we need the recipe for those waffles!

    -Gray Marie
    graymariewrites.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. We just spent a week visiting relatives, too! It was great! :)

    You take lovely pictures, Eowyn. I really love the prairie grass under blue skies one. And the one above it with the tree. <3

    ~Miss March

    P.S. Just wondering, the picture next to your signature at the end of the post...what movie is that from?

    ReplyDelete
  4. S'mores at a wedding = ALWAYS A GOOD IDEA. <3 Those flowers are so beautiful omg! And ASDFGHJKL;KDS WAFFLES WAFFLES WAFFLES GIVE ME :''') Seriously can you come make me waffles I need them!!

    rock on,
    abbiee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your friend's wedding sounds lovely. Twinkle lights and s'mores!? How fun is that. :)

    Also, those waffles??? They look yummy!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts