A Summer Reading Challenge


I've been the mood for some serious reading, yet lacking in the concrete insp. (is that somewhat of an oxymoron? :)) Things being thus, when I ran across That Polkadot Girl's summer reading challenge it seemed like pure perfection and now my mind is buzzing with ideas!

I will update this post with the book names and, if I do them, reviews, as I go along. Note: that I may not be able to wholeheartedly recommend EVERY book below, so read at your own risk and whatnot. :)

On a rather random note: I'm on vacation to Charleston at this very moment so my heart sang with the perfection of the picture above when I discovered it on my Pinterest board!

2016 Summer Reading Challenge
A Book You Have been Meaning to Finish: Enemy Brothers by Constance Savery
A Book from the Library: The Mirror Crack'd from Side to Side by Agatha Christe
A Book Borrowed
A New Book
A Classic: The Law and the Lady by Wilkie Collins
A Book You Own but Haven't Read:  Keith of the Border by Randall Parrish
A Book that was Made into a Movie
A Book You Pick Solely Because of the Cover
A Book Your Friend Loves
A Book by an Author You Have Never Read Before: He Fell in Love with His Wife by Edward Roe
A Book with a Color in the Title
A Book Set Somewhere You Have Always Wanted to Visit: The Rosemary Tree by Elizabeth Goudge
A Book of Poems
A Book that will Make You Smarter
A Book with a Blue Cover A Speckled Bird by Augusta Jane Evans
A Book Everyone but You has Read
A Book Based on a True Story
A Book that is a Century Old: The Light of Western Stars by Zane Grey  
A Book that Takes Place on a Island: Downright Dencey by Caroline Dale Snedeker 
A Book that is Guaranteed to Bring you Joy
A Book that is More than 600 Pages
A Book that is Under 150 Pages
A Book Translated to English
A Book by a Male Author
A Book by a Female Author: Nine Coaches Waiting by Mary Stewart 

Do you enjoy reading challenges?




Comments

  1. *gasp* You're in Charleston?? How lucky (and lovely) for you!! I will try my best not to be too jealous ;), and hope you have a wonderful time! This list seems quite challenging, but also very inspiring. Hope it goes well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Abby,
      Thank you so much for your happiness. :) I've actually thought of your South post quite often when we were there!

      I think I may have gotten in over my head a bit, but a bit of daring can be quite healthy sometimes, right?

      Delete
  2. I tend to overreach on reading challenges (I don't even want to know where I am for my year), but I always find them fun in theory. I need to sign my little sisters up for our library systems challenges. One year our smaller (county) library had one for adults.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Livia Rachelle,
      I have that habit, too. :) But I've determined that this year shall be a new leaf for me in reading challenges.

      Delete
  3. You're in Charleston?? I hope you're having LOTS of fun! I actually have a friend who just came back from visiting South Carolina. :D

    This is a great summer reading list! I'm looking forward to any reviews to post for the books you read. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Natalie,
      Yes, we were and it was heavenly!!!! That is so neat about your friend! Would it not have been comical if we'd seen each other and never have known? The idea is fascinating!

      Thank you very much to both last statements. :)

      BTW: Did my letter arrive? The sending was rather fraught with mild adventure so I just want to make sure. :) Also, I wanted to give you an update on your story: I find it catching my imagination at random times as I just can't stop puzzling over what might happen next! I just thought you might want to know it's long term affect upon readers. :)

      I hope your studies are buzzing along finely!

      Delete
    2. Yes, indeed! It is fascinating how truly "small" the world can feel sometimes when and if friends know mutual friends or meet someone by chance. :)

      Again, I am SO happy to hear how my story has caught your imagination! There really is no better encouragement than to hear that my readers still think about my story. :D

      Thank you, they are! Today I'm hoping to get to a history test that will be my LAST one. Yay!!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts