Things of Beauty: September - October

 (This post was actually written on November 14th. :)) 
...
Two weeks into November and I haven’t done my last collective yet. I left my blog notes at home and that changes a great deal. So much of September and October were wrapped in feelings: anticipation, imaginings; a mind too busy to think about anything else but thinking. Perhaps that’s not grammatically correct, but neither was my state of mind and now everything is being mixed with November. Ah well, that’s life. :) 

via pinterest
Very Favorite Things 
Lark Rise to Candleford, mist shrouded mornings, 30 Days of Yoga with Adriene, playing with new workout routines, planning, eating chocolate chunk cookies, a breath snatching story idea (hence the choice of photo above), Stagecoach (1966), new kittens (1 orange + 1 black = perfect for fall), blood quickening Celtic music on a rainy afternoon. 

via pinterest
Reading 
A page here, a sentence there; in other words, not much and my writing inspiration is suffering for it… not to mention my pride as a bookworm; however, I left for my vacation with three old favorites: Riders of the Purple Sage, Summer Moonshine, and A Tangled Web. 

via pinterest
Writing 
Empty Rifles: a personally tingly piece of flash fiction, I’m not sure if it is going to go anywhere, but it has been with me a long time and I’m indescribably glad it is written. 

via pinterest
Out-of-Doors 
Fall-ish and cool you know. And the colors… Rather nice actually. In other words it has been the ideal weather for my favorite season. 

via pinterest
Cooking 
Chocolate Chip Oat cookies from Oh She Glows by Angela Liddon. (Her recipes are heavenly.) Vegan, refined sugar and (technically) gluten–free and they taste like boxed cookies, only fresh. Scrumptious indeed. Just writing about them makes me hungry and I have socializing to do tonight so I could really use the comfort… and I’m sitting in a hotel room miles away from a kitchen. 

via pinterest
Discoveries 
Lark Rise to Candleford 
We have only seen the first two seasons, but I think I’m in love. In fact it’s one of my favorite period dramas ever. Especially in regards to Season 1 Episode 6. 

Mentioned by a friend at church months ago it wasn’t until late September that I actually tried it and it was amazing. And I didn’t skip a single day. The satisfaction was great I do assure you.  



Comments

  1. Ah! Ah!!!!!!! Lark Rise to Candleford! I'm ALWAYS delighted to meet another fan! Season Two is the best, in my opinion, but seasons 3 and 4 are REALLY good too. (Especially when Minnie and Alf FINALLY get together. THEY'RE THE CUTEST.)

    Love the picture of Dorcas and the baby. She's so nice, Dorcas is. I love her.

    Please remind me - what was Episode 6 of Season 1 about?

    ~ Naomi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Naomi,
      I love both the stories and atmosphere of Season 2 so much that I'm extremely jittery about 3 and 4, so I'm glad to hear they are enjoyable too!

      Episode 6 is about a certain Mr. Rushton: a postal inspector who goes striding around in cloaks, looking intensely at people and getting ill into the bargain. Yes, it's all very nice indeed. :)

      Delete
  2. "Lark Rise" is darling. I remember finding it so very charming back when I was binge-watching it. Glad you too are liking it. Best of luck with those writing projects. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Rissi,
      We binge watched Lark Rise too! Technically it was because it had to go back to the library, but I have a feeling it would have happened even if it did not. :)

      Delete
  3. Oh, if that photo is any indication, I think I will love your new story!
    New kittens!! Aw, send one to me! ;) (I'm just kidding, 3 dogs is quite enough for us!)
    All your baking and other fall activities sound so scrumptious...it makes me wish it were fall again! But, at least, we have Christmas. :) I'm very excited for that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Natalie,
      Dogs do have such full characters, don't they? :) They can be such sweeties, but rather tiring too sometimes!

      I'm rather sad for Fall too. And it seemed to go by so very fast this year. I was just looking at my blog's fall theme again today and I'm aching for it already. :( But like you said, now we have the jollities of Christmas.

      Delete
  4. Cookies and fall and kittens! These are a few of my favorite things. ;) I'm glad you're having a lovely fall! Some colors are still lingering in my area even in December. :)

    storitorigrace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Victoria,
      It does sound rather like the song doesn't it. :) Come to think, Fall colors are one of my favorite things as well. ;)

      Delete
  5. What a beautiful post! A perfect capture of autumn. I love the cozy/planning part of colder seasons; I think the quiet months often spill a lot of inspiration into the active sunshiny months.
    Lovely post! Oh, and I desperately want cookies now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mary,
      Cold months do seem to abound with Inspiration, I suppose it must be the invigorating air... and the Christmas music, which is so lovely to write to. :)

      Delete
  6. Lark Rise to Candleford is so delightful, no?! :) Who's your favorite character thus far?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Olivia,
      Delightful is, indeed, the perfect word! As for favorite character... Mr. Rushton in Episode 5 now and forever. Okay, that is quite dramatic, but I really do like him very much. :) However, I do also like Dorcas and Laura and most everybody else, too! Maybe I should do a post about my favorites sometime? The wheels of inspiration are beginning to turn... :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts