Friday, June 23, 2017

Midsummer Magic

via Pinterest

The thicket of gold-blossomed chamomile growing by the old garden gate...

Enjoying our traditional watching of the 1930's A Midsummer Night's Dream...

Great big wild prairie roses tangled in the trees beside the creek...

Turrets upon turrets of billowing white cloud castles in the sky (I think yet they were the fortresses of fairy-land)...

Preparing a bonfire for tonight...

Wine-rich fragrance of elderflowers on the breeze of shadowed evening...

Nights alive with twinkle of fireflies (the sight never fails to snatch my breath away)...

via Pinterest

Watching the above mentioned A Midsummer Night's Dream on Midsummer's Eve has been the sole celebration of the day for the past couple of years.

But this year...

Perhaps it's the dazzling sight of my garden bursting with color and brimming with the scent of flowers. Maybe it's the fact that one of my best friends is getting married tomorrow(!). Or perhaps it's the goodness of our God to whom all times are soon, and yet who makes everything beautiful in its time so that we mortals can joy in the loveliness around us.

via Pinterest

Yet I'd say it's all of it, because all that's good and joyous is in Him.

And so we can see...

there is yet, magic in the world.



10 comments:

  1. Lovely post, Eowyn! Sounds like you live in a beautiful place. I like your description of the wild prairie roses. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you kindly, Miss March! I always feel like I'm discovering new delights I overlooked before.

      Delete
  2. Hi Eowyn! I'm pleased to make your acquaintance!

    What a lovely blog you have! So glad I found it!

    What a beautiful post! You have a wonderful writing style!! Can't wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miss Woodhouse,
      I'm so happy to meet you, too!

      Thank you so much for the sweet words. :)

      Delete
  3. I love fireflies. They always remind me of fairies. ^ ^

    storitorigrace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Victoria,
      I AGREE! :) I never see them, but I feel as if I have stepped into Fairyland.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful, as always. :) (Also, I heartily concur about the fireflies. HOW ARE THEY SO AMAZING?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Natalie,
      Thank you! Fireflies are so much like stars; twinkling lights, silent beauty... it's a loveliness I'm not sure I'll ever be able to fully express. :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...